Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung account

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 03:34 PM)
the_alpha
First Poster
Options
Hi there. I had an issue with my samsung a31. It randomly restarted and got stuck on "Phone is starting screen" . I tried to fix this issue all through out the day yesterday and i did manage to fix it. However, I had to factory reset. When I tried to backup my phone data to my PC so I can restore it later, it didn't work. So I went along and decided that I do have a back-up on samsung cloud so I don't need to worry. After the factory reset, I setup my phone again and tried to log in to my samsung account with my password and retrieve my data, however, the password I put WAS correct. But the issue was that it sent an otp (one time pin) to my old Sim. Which I do not have anymore. So I basically lost all my data 
 I'm upset with this so I'm writing this here, hopefully someone can help. Is there a way to log In without 2fa? Or some other way I can get my data back from samsung cloud.
Thank you
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You should be able to reset your password as explained in > https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/samsung-account/how-do-i-change-reset-my-samsung-com-account-pas... or you can ring Samsung to which the number is in the link. You may need to search for your own regions number if your not in the UK.

Seems the Samsung Account Team can also help with 2fa going from > Cannot-turn-off-my-samsung-account-2-step-verification. 

Unfortunately you cannot.

guide/2step/faq 

Can I turn off two-step verification?

No. To help keep your personal info safe and secure, Samsung now requires two-step verification for all accounts. Two-step verification can no longer be turned off. " 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "