Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 Software Update last thursday

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 10:35 PM)
Members_vbqEfqq
First Poster
Options

Samsung done a software update on  my A71 last thursday, Since then been unable to use 4g. Customer service just says have to wait for another update, my service provider Vodafone also tells me the same. This is very poor customer service. Does anyone have any issues like this

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is one of the most asked questions on this forum. There's no need to wait for any update. You need to find Vodafone APN settings on their website, then settings, connections, mobile networks,Access Point Names and add the on-screen values and save
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
I had exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different SIMS from family members in my A51 5G and none would work, must be the phone, right?

Called Samsung support and paid £20 for the WeFix service, they come to you under warranty and sort within an hour.

Only thing is that after 2.5hrs, the engineer could not get the A51 5G to work on my SIMS, just his O2 SIM!

I had to phone Samsung 5 times to get another engineer visit sorted.

The night before the visit, I was once again googling and found this page to add the APN. I must stress, I did contact Vodafone and they sent me a brand new SIM, delivered the next day, same no data result.

I added the APN as per this website and it just worked:
https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a51-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phon...

I managed to work out that the config message being sent by VF to the device is not being implemented accurately as it's adding a proxy server address where one's not needed and a port ID.

Try the above as mine is now happily flying on 4G.

Good luck 🤞
0 Likes