Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 Keyboard Lag

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 09:12 PM)
Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options

The last few days I have been getting intermittent lag when trying to type text anywhere on my phone. It just seems to freeze and then moments later everything just catches up and all at once. When it does happen and it's very random the screen freezes as well if I try and swipe it off. Any ideas as never had this problem until now.

30 REPLIES 30
SimonDD
Explorer
Options

I've tried to get this fixed with Samsung to no avail! Although battery saver works for me, one thing that is affected is google location finder. Although I can see my network, they cannot see me unless I turn off battery saver. It is totally unacceptable that Samsung ignore this - I feel cheated out of the money I paid for it. 

Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options
I totally agree. I am an uber and just eat delivery driver and the apps need my location and like you say, this doesn't work with the battery saver. Yes it's clearly a known issue and Samsung should help. I was going through the process on sky mobile the other day to return the A71 but that's not easy either with all the automated stuff so here I am back with my old A70 and still paying for my A71 contract😡.
0 Likes
Bhill55
Student
Options

Twitter response it's most likely a 3rd party app and or old files.

0 Likes
SimonDD
Explorer
Options

ha ha, Samsung are jokers. Already done 3 complete clean installs and not downloaded any apps and still the same problem! Samsung just don't want to own the problem. Funny how I can put my sim back in my old phone and works fine, and so can people on this forum.

0 Likes
Ad75
Journeyman
Options

Its really annoying.i feel sorry for all who are experiencing issues..expect better from samsung 

0 Likes
Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options
its strange they blame a 3rd party app for the problem yet I have exactly the same apps on my A70 and my A70 works like a peach with no lag or other problems.
0 Likes
Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options
it's just strange because I have exactly the same apps and stuff on my A70 so why is it suddenly a problem on the A71, makes no sense does it.
0 Likes
SimonDD
Explorer
Options

I would say because there is a fault with the A71 and Samsung for whatever reason doesn't want to own it. I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with it so am really annoyed. If it works fine with medium battery usage setting then there is obviously some software issue related to power usage. But if Samsung don't accept there is a problem, then they are unlikely to do a software fix. Its a problem with huge companies, completely faceless and assuming their products are perfect and then giving out advice like reset or its a third party app etc. making you feel like its your problem not theirs. 

0 Likes
sam2021
Journeyman
Options

hi can you point them to this forum thread and there is another one with a similar issue. When I tried Samsung all they said was they had never heard of a problem..........they need to know its more than one person. thanks

0 Likes