Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 Keyboard Lag

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 07:40 PM)
Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options

The last few days I have been getting intermittent lag when trying to type text anywhere on my phone. It just seems to freeze and then moments later everything just catches up and all at once. When it does happen and it's very random the screen freezes as well if I try and swipe it off. Any ideas as never had this problem until now.

30 REPLIES 30
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gazlar18 

First I'd try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Make sure there are no relevant software updates for your keyboard. 

You can reset the Samsung Keyboard by pressing the cog icon in your keyboard .

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sdl67
First Poster
Options

I got same issue on galaxy a71 worst phone I've used as keeps freezing lagging. Never had before. Latest updates installed. Reset. Factory reset. Soft reset. Nothing helps

Ad75
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought the A71 phone.had it for 4 days.im experiencing the same issue..not all the time but atleast everyday  there is lagging with typing and some freezing is occurring also.. is this a fault?iv read that this phone runs quite smoothly..would appreciate some advice please

SimonDD
Explorer
Options

I have exactly the same problem, started about 3 weeks after first using A71. I've done a hard reset 3 times now and only used the phone with standard apps without installing anything else and it still doesn't fix it. It lags when typing or scrolling on any apps like the news or web browser. The lag is a 3-4 second freeze then it starts again and then repeats many times a day. I'm beginning to think the firmware needs fixing from Samsung.

Ad75
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your message Simon DD.I had tried all possible options with the troubleshooting and this issue remained..its frustrating as my previous phone s8 has no lag.im back to using that.i have sent the phone back to the retailer.it was playing on my mind as I cant be stuck with this issue for the foreseeable future.i think the connectivity isn't great with wifi either..I will stick to S series from now on..

Gaz1807
First Poster
Options

After trying things like resets and cache clearing nothing worked however I have found a non ideal solution and that is to put the phone into medium battery power saving mode, you can do this in the settings under 'device care'. It doesn't affect the phones performance as such but it does restrict some background things which may be an issue for some. On the plus side however, I never have the lag and freeze any more and my battery lasts longer too. It is a pain and to be honest we should be able to send our phones back and get replacements instead of having to switch power saving mode but I have a nice working phone again.

SimonDD
Explorer
Options

Thanks Gaz1807 for the temp fix - the medium battery power saving mode has fixed the lag issue - my phone stress levels have now returned to normal. Nothing else seems to have slowed down on the phone either. Just wish Samsung would acknowledge the problem and either issue a fix or swap out the phone.

Bhill55
Student
Options

I have tried the battery setting but this only works for a period of time. I am now speaking to Samsung on twitter...

Gazlar18
Apprentice
Options
hi, I had no problems at all when in battery saving mode but we shouldn't have to keep doing that, I've literally gone back to my samsung a70 at the moment. Can you keep us posted if you have any success talking to Samsung on Twitter please.
0 Likes