Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 front camera zoomed in on third party apps?

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 01:55 PM)
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options

So basically I recieved my new Samsung A71 today and on all third party apps the front camera is very zoomed in and can barely fit my face in the full frame. In the camera app it is fine, but when I use apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Omegle the front facing camera is zoomed in. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any fixes for it?

68 REPLIES 68
Jupezki
Journeyman
Options

thanks. I hope your phone will work too. Have a great rest of the day!

Ayy_velasco
First Poster
Options

I'm having a similar issue on snapchat 

KellyMorgan
Student
Options

I too have just recieved my brand new A71 today and as soon as I had everything set up, I went onto snapchat to read my messages and my face was zoomed in on. I thought I'd left it zoomed in when I came out last but no I can't get rid of it. I've reinstalled, cleared cache and data, even factory reset my phone...again, after an hour of receiving it! I read on Snapchat settings that if the camera looks zoomed in, it's a problem Snapchat knows about and are trying to fix but it also said it's only been on certain phones like iPhone XR and HTC phones. Samsung, please explain?😤

Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

It's been going on for over a year if you read all the threads.  I've given up. Sucks.

Tdmt9
Pioneer
Options

This has been going on for me for FOUR YEARS starting with my S7+. 2 years not using that phone and then I bought the S10+ stupidly thinking that issue was fixed and here I am again. If you read the thread it will link you to other threads and you will see this has been going on for over a year with newer Samsung models. They don't care and it's not getting fixed 

Jupezki
Journeyman
Options
well i don't know how but i had an update and it is fixed now for my A71. Im sorry for you and hope it will be fixed soon. Take care!
0 Likes
Morgan99
First Poster
Options
What update was it that fixed it for you? I just got my A71 yesterday and I'm having the exact same issues with snapchat, both front and back cameras.
0 Likes
Jupezki
Journeyman
Options
A715FXXU2ATG1 update i had it 14.7.2020.
Q(Android 10)
bethanyrbs
First Poster
Options
snapchat working OK on my 51 but not tiktok or Facebook
0 Likes