Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 Replacement Screen

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 10:37 PM)
Stuart264
Student
Options

Can anyone help, I have a Samsung A70 with a cracked screen (Model Number SM-A705FN/DS) which I thought would be easy to get repaired. It's not, I spoke to the local authorised agent this morning (iSmash in Brighton) they don't have the spare screens. Samsung Experience wants me to take it to London, leave it with them, and then they will advise if or when they can get the parts.

Calls to 3 departments in Samsung all get the same response that they don't have access to the parts' system to check if and when the replacement screens will be available. 

Can anyone advise which department and preferably a phone number to talk to about this, so I can make a decision either to wait until the part is available or order up a new phone?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Problem you have is the phone is some years old now. Released in 2019
So although a lot of parts would have been made. Chances now stock will limited now I should imagine
You might need to ring around if Samsung no longer have stock available
Stuart264
Student
Options
If Samsung were honest about it I wouldn't have a problem and could make an informed decision, they haven't been so I am forced to buy a new phone and it won't be a Samsung, they just chucked 15 years of customer loyalty down the toilet.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is the Samsung Doorstep Repair Service unavailable in your area @Stuart264 

The other option could be to send the phone to Samsung for repair.

Unfortunately parts availability and engineer availability i.e repairs before yours can sometimes cause delays.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Stuart264
Student
Options
It's available, but I can't make an informed decision as nobody can tell me if the screens are available, if not they have to take it for an undetermined length of time. If Samsung we're up front about it I could decide if I wait for a repair or just upgrade to an S23, as things stand due to poor customer service I will probably be ordering a replacement and it won't be a Samsung on the grounds that if their after sales is this bad, why should I order another phone from them. All it would take is 30 seconds in the stock control system but Samsung seem to want to lose a long term customer instead
0 Likes