Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 Charging Port

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 04:09 PM)
AndyG87
Apprentice
Options

Hey folks i wonder if there is anyone can help??
I have had issues with my A70 phone for the past 2 months. I am incredibly careful with my phone and dont even let my kids near it as one of them threw a phone on the concrete in anger some years ago so i learned my lesson.

Anyway in the last 2 months the phone has been sent away under manufacturers warranty 3 times to fix the charging port. it seems as though the male end comes loose and doesn't read the female end at all to charge it. Again i am very careful and it does click in as normal but again it is not working. Does anyone have any idea waht is causing the issue or what i can do at this point. Like most of us i need the phone but i am not flush with cash to purchase a new one.

Thanks in advance! Andy

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
yes, phone is " not fit for purpose". they have had 3 chances to fix it and clearly can't!

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Andy, where did you purchase it from? Is it under a year old?
AndyG87
Apprentice
Options

Hey Scout!
So i purchased it nearly a year ago in Carphone Warehouse here in Ireland. They have been helpful in sending it for repair three times before but now we are on the fourth and its becoming a pain. I believe with carphone warehouse there is a 2year warranty but i didn't get insurance so i don't think i can get a new phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
if within 1yr and you've had 3 repairs, then you're entitled to a replacement device.
AndyG87
Apprentice
Options

Really? That might be in the contract just so as i can show them correct? 

0 Likes
Solution
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
yes, phone is " not fit for purpose". they have had 3 chances to fix it and clearly can't!
AndyG87
Apprentice
Options

You are a legend! thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I would assume that each time, they replaced the charger port. In which case the port is being damaged, probably by the charger cable itself. Id buy a new one, only a couple of quid and might solve your problem.
0 Likes
CT20
First Poster
Options
av had the same with my A70 I got it fixed and it seems fine now but av heard alot of people say that they've had the same thing with their A70's.

on the other note. it's the same for every company (I think it's actually something they have to obey due to Ofcom, I think! dont quote me on that hahaha) if you have co-operated and have returned it to be fixed 3 times they need to replace the phone as "it's not fit for purpose" as lastboyscout said! I used to work for a company who sold phones and things and it was the exact same thing for them and for the company that my friend works for. and am sure it's the same if you take it to the brands aswell
0 Likes