Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung A7 Ultra wide angle camera issue

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 09:58 AM)
Utopia
Student
Options

Hello.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 and I was really happy with the camera options it incorporated, especially the wide-angle camera. One of the things I most appreciated about this was also the option that Samsung incorporated into the Photo Gallery for the Automatic Distortion Correction (caused by this type of lens), with quite good results.

What is my surprise when after the last update this option has disappeared from the place where it was, without being able to find it anywhere. Is it that Samsung, while still maintaining the option to adjust the blur, has eliminated the correction of distortion with the new update? It does not seem logical to me that Samsung worsens the service with the updates instead of improving it ...

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Utopia 

We've had the following back from our developers:

"The concept has changed.

The 'Distortion Correction' feature is not allocated in the Gallery anymore. It was changed to 'Photo Editor'. You can find it here: After taking the picture --> quick view --> edit (Photo Editor will be used) --> option (three vertical dots on the top/right of the screen) --> you can see "Shape Correction" here."

Hope this helps!

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Utopia 

We've sent this off to our developers to have a look into. We'll get back to you as soon as we've heard back.

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Utopia 

We've had the following back from our developers:

"The concept has changed.

The 'Distortion Correction' feature is not allocated in the Gallery anymore. It was changed to 'Photo Editor'. You can find it here: After taking the picture --> quick view --> edit (Photo Editor will be used) --> option (three vertical dots on the top/right of the screen) --> you can see "Shape Correction" here."

Hope this helps!

Utopia
Student
Options

Thank you SO MUCH. It has been so useful!!! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Our pleasure, @Utopia!

0 Likes
MarekPL
First Poster
Options

It was much better when it was in the gallery, now I have to do a number of clicks instead of just one, furthermore the photos were tagged in the gallery as corrected and not, now I get two almost identical files which is annoying. 

0 Likes
A7Frustrated
Explorer
Options

Hi, off topic I realise, but I have you tried connecting via MTP to your laptop / Pc after the last update ...my A7 no longer does, only charges.

Many thanks for your time.

0 Likes