Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A7 2018 No update

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 06:43 PM)
nnl
First Poster
Options
Hey,
Back in 2019 my parents bought me an a7 2018, and I've been using it ever since. But recently, this phone has become such a buggy mess that I realized that it's generally received a single update (apart from a small patch out of the box). After poking around on the internet, I see that the a7 2018 was given oneui 3.1 in 2020?!?! 

After speaking to a support agent who only gave me copy pastes answers that didn't help anything (Why ask what I've already tried if you're just going to tell me to do it anyway?), I was directed here in the hopes of finding an answer.

Reading online shows my phone was given oneui 3.1, but for whatever reason I'm still stuck on base android 9.

I've tried uninstalling everything, resetting settings, and even factory resetting the phone, all to no success. Is there anything left that could fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for reading :smiling-face:
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
LMay
Navigator
Options
Get a new phone, after that long all Samsung phones get buggy.
0 Likes
nnl
First Poster
Options
The problem is that my phone has been left out of updates while every other a7 2018 has gotten them?
0 Likes
LMay
Navigator
Options
Not sure what that problem is, regardless of updates after 2 years the phones start to develop faults. My Note 10 plus 2019 has started to act up occasionally recently. I'm due for upgrade so I'll let it go. Reach out to Samsung customer service by phone and see if they can do something. After a certain time Samsung phones stop getting updates and they mentioned that about the S8 plus a while ago which was a 2017 top of the line handset.
0 Likes
nnl
First Poster
Options
I don't mind the bugs I'm just confused as to why I've been left out of updates but other regions haven't 🤔 I'm UK btw
0 Likes
LMay
Navigator
Options
Definitely contact Samsung by phone,sounds like a technical or software problem.
0 Likes
nnl
First Poster
Options
I have and they span me around in a circle and sent me on my way (but not before making me wait for an hour)
0 Likes
LMay
Navigator
Options
You know that's why the release phones every year because they know the older models won't last long. I would probably try Ebay for a replacement if you don't want new. You might pay less than you thought.
0 Likes
LMay
Navigator
Options
Make a formal complaint, that might get you a response.
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
When you look up about UI 3.1 it's only certain basebands/models of them that get the update.
It took months for my A50 2019 to update to 3.1, yet my Note10+5g had it downloaded as soon as 3.1 was released.

Have you got it set for auto update?
0 Likes