Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A6 Plus earphone mic not recording

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 12:04 PM)
abihateswasabi
First Poster
Options

So I'm having a problem with my A6 plus. The headphone jack is working since I can hear music without any problem. However, the mic is not really working and I can't record and I cannot be heard by the other person in line when I use my headset. I tried using my earphone mic in my laptop and I can be heard just fine in zoom. I tried using new earphones but I still cannot be heard. I'm not sure where the problem really lies. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @abihateswasabi, can you try this hardware test: Go in to the Samsung Members app > Support > Diagnostics > Test hardware > Mic. Check the mic and get back to us with the results. 

0 Likes
abihateswasabi
First Poster
Options

So I did this. The internal mic was fine. I can record without the headset plugged in. But when it was plugged in, I can't hear anything. Just static. Tried all the earphones I can find. So it was still the same. I can't record and still cannot be heard by the other party during phonecalls. But I can hear well in all apps (e.g watching youtube vids  listening to music, games). So is this a problem with the earphone jack? What do you think?

0 Likes
Abhii
First Poster
Options

I have same problem and one other problem too. My A6 plus internal mic doesn't work either. Few days ago I realised my headphones' mic was not working I thought there was a problem in headphones. But today when I got problem with internal mic too, I plugged the headphones in another  phone and the same headphones mic worked fine in the other phone. I have run check for the mic in the Samsung members app,  the mic has turned out to be faulty.

0 Likes
Lurzi
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem

0 Likes