Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A54 5G - no esim?

(Topic created on: 12-10-2023 11:49 AM)
moshk
Apprentice
Options
Looking online the A54 should have esim but I don't see it in my SIM manager? 
Model is SM-A546E/DS, I'm based in the UK.
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@moshk: Where did you purchase your Galaxy A54 from? If it is a UK model, then it should support an eSIM, as per the device specifications, however this may not be the case if the device was intended for use outside the UK.

0 Likes
moshk
Apprentice
Options
Purchased new from a UK based seller on Amazon.
If I exchange for a UK based one do you know how I can tell if I receive a UK model?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@moshk: If you head to Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version, what does it say here? UK models are typically EUX or BTC, however there are several network specific CSC codes that can also indicate that a phone is intended for use in the UK. If you take a look at the post below, then this should give you an idea of what you should be looking for.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/list-of-samsung-galaxy-csc-country-specific-prod...

0 Likes
moshk
Apprentice
Options
XME - so Malaysia.

The device model was advertised (differently to what I received) as SM-A546BZKCEEB
Would that model have been for a UK version?
Not sure how the CSC relates to the model.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You need the SM-A546B version which is the UK/EU version that can take esim.The SM-A546E version sold on Amazon is the Malaysian version, although some of the suppliers say it's the German version but send out the Malaysian, which is what happened to me, so I sent it back for a full refund.Please also note the dual SIM version can't take two Sims, if you are also using an SD card for storage/expansion as well as a SIM
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
Get a refund they haven't sold you a uk model
0 Likes
SMGear-KOREA
First Poster
Options

Hello, Dear moshk. Galaxy A54 has been released in two types for each region. The SM-A546E/DS model you own only comes with two physical Nano SIM slots and does not support eSIM.

Please refer to the list below of models that support Nano SIM only and models that support eSIM. Thank you.

List of models that only support Nano SIM:
SM-A546B (International Model), SM-A546E (International Model), SM-A546E/DS (International Model), SM-A546U (International Model), SM-A546V (International Model), SM-A5460 (International Model)

List of models that support nano SIM and eSIM:
SCG21 (Japanese Model), SC-53D (Japanese Model), SM-A546B/DS (International Model), SM-A546S (Korean Model), SM-A546U1 (International Model)

0 Likes
ushumati
First Poster
Options

If I buy from the official Samsung.com and I live in the UK,  will they ship UK model with esim ?

0 Likes
amir nour
First Poster
Options

I think it can be solved by software I love that my phone is called A54 SM-A546E/DS Why this difference, knowing that the A55 supports it on all versions?

0 Likes