Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 10:50 AM)
Terry2uk
Journeyman
Options

Saw the A53 checked specs said dual sim so ordered on contract installed and dloaded old phones settings pics vids etc only to find its dual sim but either 2 sims or 1 sim and a micro sd card not happy as i use 2 sims and 64 gb micro card for all my vids music pdfs and other stuff , also ships with dual usb c ports on charge cable no charger  none of my previous phone chargers have usb c sockets so anyone buy first time wont beable charge phone ,needs addressing ..... 

14 REPLIES 14
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
To be fair you can use a USB A to USB C cable on some existing chargers e.g. from Nokia etc that some users may have from previous devices.
Terry2uk
Journeyman
Options

yes ive got my A50 charger , just the point is if new customer not had phone before wouldnt have a charger they wouldnt be able to charge phone  all phones shd ship with a charger 

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
They should do yes, but they use it to save money I guess and say it's for the environment.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Terry2uk 

Samsung along with some other manufacturers have made the decision to not include a charging brick to help cut down their carbon footprint, and the instances that many already have viable charging bricks , use wireless charging or use a computer, laptop to charge up.

Best practice is to carefully look at any available small print to what's in the box and look at info on the net to what the phone has with it.

I appreciate not all do and that's why Samsung Uk provide a 14 day cooling off period if a person isn't happy in anyway with their purchase. A person not in the uk would need to check their regions own Terms and Conditions. 

Those that cannot utilise the above options for charging can find charging bricks available at a wide variety of outlets.

Please ensure you buy / use one that is either a Samsung original or one that is clearly compatible and safe to use. Samsung advise to use a real Samsung version.

In regards to dual sim and sd card options I've known a person decide to use 1 sim card and the esim [ if this is available for the phone model purchased , which unfortunately i don't think yours has ] and then can use a sd card.

Other than that the other route is online vaults instead of using a sd card.

I'm sure your aware of this but felt it relevant to mention incase any others are searching for help and advice and come across this thread.

I hope you enjoy your new phone  👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure what you want us to say? This is how it is with all manufacturers except perhaps the Chinese phones like Xiaomi etc who still bundle chargers. Same with the hybrid SIM, very few phones now give dual SIM and storage at the same time, in fact very few phones have a SD card slot at all.
0 Likes
Terry2uk
Journeyman
Options

Online vaults dont work if no signal and i use sd card for pics vids and other pvt information to use on replaced phones , the A53 doesnt seem wireless charging compatible and as for chargers ,cant charge phone with no charger ,just way for samsung add even more to their £billions profit every year and im try avoid chinese goods as they caused (allegedly) the covid pandemic , wgere can i get a sim card with micro sd card built in it ?? Upgraded sunday from samsung A50 to A53 but my phons calls still low 1 bar signal on id mobile ( 3 three network ) so 5g made no difference to actuall mobile phone calls clarity or received strength on mine 1 bar in home,  on my o2 its 4 bar only reason for 2nd sim due to call quality indoors where i spend 95% of my time 

0 Likes
Terry2uk
Journeyman
Options

Why did i receive a phone charger wth my A50 in 2019 ?? But now their using usb c both end cables ive no charger accept usb c inputs why shd i buy charger for phobe as cant use flat battery for calls ,would you buy car no battery told use yr existing car battery ?? ,

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
That's not the same at all. No manufacturer is shipping chargers to save e-waste. I have phone boxes from years ago and the chargers are still in the box, never used. I'm still using the charger I got with a Pixel 2 XL.
0 Likes
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
I'm so glad I got A52s 5G feel the A53 is not worth the upgrade and profer snapdragon then exnyos know want you getting exnyos still having bugs here and there want ever region you live in
0 Likes