Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 Wifi 6

(Topic created on: 16-06-2022 08:18 PM)
Gingerbread_2001
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Is the A53 going to get updated for Wifi 6 to keep updated? that's the only let down of the mobile, to say it's a brand new model it's a shame it didn't come with the latest WIFI even though A52 does have Wifi 6, what was samsung idea at that?, My Samsung S10+ 4G as Wifi 6 as that's an older model.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, wifi 6 is hardware dependent so not upgradeable. The A52 doesn't support 6 but the A52s does from what I've read.

1. Galaxy A52 5G - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz
2. Galaxy A52s 5G - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4G+5GHz
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
100%, the chip is the limiting factor. No firmware or software update will change anything
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
What are the benefits from having WiFi 6? My A53 is flying on my home router. Also amazing on a good mobile connection too.
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
I have BT 900 here and the A53 tops out at between 250 and 330. The Tab S6 Lite is similar.

The AX, hopefully on the A53s variant, will push this to well over 600Mbps, which I regularly see on my 3 year old Chromebook! This has seen 750Mbps.
0 Likes
dwb037
Student
Options

Samsung's decision to omit WiFi6 from the A53 (my sons new mobile) is inexplicable, and a major flaw in an otherwise great bit of kit. 

This device is the only one that fails to hook up with stability to my (high spec) home network - Draytek + Ruckus (multiple Access Points).  We have tested on other WiFi networks with a single AP and it is fine - but a quick google search also shows how this mobile is failing on other multi-AP set ups (e.g. TP-Link Deco's - which is arguably the home network leader)

So, while some may argue that this is a failing on my home set up, given the number of other Samsung WiFi5 (or inferior) products that do work, it would appear that this is firmly an A53 issue, possibly beyond just the lack of WiFi6.  Mobile will have to go, as practically speaking, changing it will be the cheapest/quickest solution.

My question to Samsung would be what is different spec wise with the WiFi5 firmware/software in the A53 to other WiFi5 mobiles produced by Samsung?  Something significant is different....

MCK168
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I have same problem with Ruckus access point.  I can sure it is the hardware problem.

0 Likes
MCK168
Journeyman
Options

Hi dwb037,

I performed a factory reset and the Wifi return to normal when connected to Ruckus AP.

I think it is the Samsung Smartswitch migrated the old phone wifi setting and goes wrong.  Reset the network setting is no use.

0 Likes
MCK168
Journeyman
Options

Samsung have to refund to the A53 customers.

0 Likes