Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 Keeps restarting every night

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 02:30 PM)
JDRMLee
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I got a new Samsung A53, and every night it keeps restarting, and when unlocked it says "Starting phone" etc.

It shows the Cog on the screen showing that it has been restarted.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting Steps with support and auto-optimization is turned off also. 

Has anyone else been having issues with this? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @JDRMLee  Have you tried wiping the cache partition which can fix some issues.  Temporary files are deleted but Data is intact.

This is performed by the following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Apps can also be repaired in the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ytnzzn
Explorer
Options
I haven't had this issue on my a53, but I have seen similar posts to this so to ensure it doesn't happen again, maybe send an error report? If you provide the logs, it may benefit others.
JDRMLee
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will give this a go.

Happy new year! 

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you also tried going into phone settings, scroll down and tap on Battery and Device Care. Then scroll down and tap on Auto Optimisation. Make sure Restart When Needed is turned off.
It may be turned on hence why it is always restarting every morning for you.Screenshot_20230101_074152_Device care_1000002831_1672558912.jpg
0 Likes
JDRMLee
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

It was never turned on, so sadly that isn't the issue. 

I have tried turning it on and back off and restarting etc.

Still no luck.

Thanks for the reply.