Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 5g 64 mega pixel photo stretching problem.

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 07:57 AM)
Md Rahat Hossain
First Poster
Options
I have recently updated my samsung galaxy A523 5G to UI6.0 , after that update whenever I took pictures using the camera, it's giving crazy pictures. I bought this phone recently like a 6 months ago. As a Student and photography lover, I used to use my camera regularly. Now I am really dissappointed after the update. I hope I will get help from this community to move forward to either fix this or to get my phone replaced. I hope this message will recieved to the respected employes or the authority of Samsung. Thankyou
0 Likes
(1)
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Md Rahat Hossain : Are you able to post a sample photograph taken with the 64MP camera, so I'm able to gain a better understanding of the issue? In the meantime, please head to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your Galaxy A53 5G. Please note that this will remove any personal settings that you have applied to the camera app, but should address any temporary software problems that might be distorting your images. 

0 Likes
(1)
Hristo Kolev
Student
Options

I have the same issue and tried the suggestes solution you gave ans that did not fix the issue. I can't upload the original picture because its too large. I'm uploading a screenshot.

1000013002.jpg

(1)
Hristo Kolev
Student
Options

Here is another example that stretches the image instead. Sometime it squishes them, sometimes it stretches them.

1000013004.jpg

0 Likes
(1)
lance78
Voyager
Options
My a53 did it with two pictures then it stopped and been OK so far camera settings 64 m 3.4

After this post this morning after coming down from waking up I went to take a photo and it was distorted just like yours I took a few with different settings and it was the only one on that setting that was distorted after deleting cash and factory setting camera it's still did it. I noticed just after pressing the White button to take the photo the picture jumps slightly to the right I think this causes the stretched image I tapped on the back of the phone next to the cameras and it seemed to sort it1711542073934.jpg1711542073978.jpg1711542074018.jpg1711542074056.jpg
0 Likes
Members_uPtYrjO
First Poster
Options

I have this problem too. Same description same issues as the other 4 posts in this thread. 16mp works fine,  64mp is playing up off and on.  I force stop the app and clean the cache too, to no avail. This bug has been going on since the OS system update like the other users said. ITS A SHAME and very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Members_RtDKDnS
Apprentice
Options

I have found this issue seems to be related to light levels.  I took a picture in low light levels and it was fine but with high light levels i.e. lit by bright sunlight or 10k lums torch light the image gets stretched.

0 Likes
Members_RtDKDnS
Apprentice
Options

I am seriously considering getting an iPhone SE as last time I had an iPhone I had no problems at all. The Samsung Galaxy A53 camera has stopped functioning correctly as per your post. I have contacted support and they are worse than useless. As far as I can tell the support team do not seem to have even tested the problem described. Still not sure if it is a driver/API issue or a camera app issue. As far as I am concerned I feel that it is a warranty issue as the device does not perform as advertised.

0 Likes
Members_RtDKDnS
Apprentice
Options

Apparently, Google's Pixel phones are having numerous problems after updating to Android 14.  This camera issue came in with Andriod 14 so I'm guessing it's an operating system fault?  I think Android 14 is Android's equivalent to Windows ME.  Android is open source so I guess that's what you get for slave labour.

0 Likes
Members_RtDKDnS
Apprentice
Options

There is a blue screen of death on iOS 17.  So either there's a tech war or eveything is just too complex and under tested.  Please keep everything simple.  Also a rebuild of Android 13 to 15 would probably help too.

0 Likes