Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung a52s 5G screen problem - AOD screen is not black :(

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 08:17 AM)
trialboj
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just bought this samsung A52s 5G phone in Europe Romania. Used for one day, than when I put it on the charger I saw that the screen is not entirely black, I tried a few options and I realized that there is some kind of weird screen problem when the AOD and charging info is on. The problem presist even if it's not charging, just he AOD on a lower brightness than 4.

The left one is the a52s, the yellow ish pattern at the center and bottom left corner are just some reflection because of the long exposure, the green glow is the problem.

So there are 4 steps of brightness for the AOD, if I use the 1,2,3 than there are a weird greenish burn in type of dots at the top, and the whole screen is a bit brighter, BUT If I use the 4th so the brightest option, than the screen seems completely dark. I made several photos, each has named with the used settings, the left one is this phone the right one is an s10e which is always completely black.

Please let me know if this is a software or hardware problem, I need to know if I have to send it back right now, or a firmware update could definitely solve it. I have only a week to decide to send back and get a full refund.

Very disappointing Samsung, this is not even a cheap phone, where you could say that, it happens because it does not have the quality check like the other ones.

Hope someone can help me asap,
Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
trialboj
Apprentice
Options

Here are the pics, because they disappeared after I sent the main message:

01 AOD - Brightness 4.jpg02 AOD - Brightness 1.jpg03 Charging data - Brightness 1.jpg04 Charging data - Brightness 2.jpg05 Charging data - Brightness 3.jpg06 Charging data - Brightness 4.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

0 Likes
PuriceGabriel
Helping Hand
Options
Salut.
Scrie în română, că ți se muta postarea pe forumul din UK.
0 Likes
alexv30
Helping Hand
Options
Si cat se chinuie omu sa traduca
0 Likes
Patrik2523
Journeyman
Options

My A52 has the same problem, it probably didn't help to reset the factory settings

0 Likes