Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52 5G - support for Security patches and O/S releases, what's the plan please ?

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 03:53 PM)
amferdman
First Poster
Options

Hello ,

Can anybody give me a reliable estimate for the update program for the A52 5G mobile phone as of today  i.e. for how long can I expect both monthly security patches and future O/S updates. In this regard is it inferior say to an S series phone such as one of the S21 family today ?
This is an important aspect for me in selecting such a phone. A shortened update program (compared to the S series) would put me off from buying today. Many thanks. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @amferdman 

These links may help.

security.samsungmobile.com. 

news.samsung.com/global/samsung-takes-galaxy-security-to-the-next-level-by-extending-updates. 

theverge.com/samsung-galaxy-a52-5g-security-updates-leak. 

There maybe some information in your Samsung Members App and in Sammobile.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
amferdman
First Poster
Options

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Many thanks , sounds like from those links I should be in good shape. Other options might be to buy a slightly older phone such as an S20 model or wait for the S21 FE. Just looking at ways to save a few pennies today . I've got an S9 now on quarterly security updates , and wish to avoid such an early scenario with the least relative expenditure whilst still getting a good phone.

0 Likes