Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A51 status bar icons

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 06:36 PM)
JohnA51
Apprentice
Options

Please is there any way to increase the size of the status bar icons on an A51? They are WAY small!!

I have tried the 'inbuilt' 'font size' but i wonder if there are any apps available or if there is a 'secret' setting deep down in the phone!!

Thank you

JohnG

11 REPLIES 11
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try in Settings/Display and there should be an option called Screen Zoom. Use it to tweak the overall size of all on-screen elements.

JohnA51
Apprentice
Options

Thank you but that only does the screen. The status bar at very top, battery & notifications, are still v small. Thkq. JohnG

CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Oh, sorry, you're right.

I've made a quick search online and on tech forum XDA-DEVELOPERS and unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to change the size of the status bar icons without resorting to rooting.

0 Likes
Frogs4me
Apprentice
Options

I went to settings-searched show battery perentage and turned it on. It made a enough difference in the size of the status bar that I can now read it!

0 Likes
Annabelle41
First Poster
Options

We just bought an A51 and noticed that the status bar is so small.  I think that they make these for people that have extra-ordinary vision, because it is extremely hard to see.  I'm not even sure why they have a status bar as you can't read it anyway, especially people that need glasses.

navinsc1981
First Poster
Options

I too feel the same for M51 model. Status bar is a joke in comparison to the screen size provided. Even small handsets have better readability.

0 Likes
CowboyZH
First Poster
Options

???

0 Likes
berzebek
First Poster
Options

Besides the battery percentage trick...try using a darker theme...it allows reading to be easier...cheers...

StellaandChris
First Poster
Options

Is there any solution to this problem?  I want to be able to read the status bar at a glance. Not being able to resize it is reason for me to return the phone and get a different model.  Which I would rather not do as in all other respects this is a great phone. Please help