Go to solution Solved

Samsung A50 Gopro hero 7 connection problem

(Topic created on: 23-09-2019 07:47 PM)
Dimo
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I'm having Samsung A50.

I have a problem to connect the phone with Gopro hero 7 through Wifi.

I had already tried everything and even  to reset all options and connections on the phone and gopro but connection could not be established. 

Gopro is working properly with other phones from Samsung and other manufactures.

Both devices are updated to the latest firmware and software versions.

Please help.

Thank you.

36 REPLIES 36
Leroy29
Student
Options

@BAss1 wrote:
Made my working yesterday. Was keep resetting settings, reconnect camera good several times. What I did I remove auto reconnection stick from my house wifi, and kept auto reconnect for gopro. And its worked. Was able to watch all my videos.

You have a50 also? I have same issue so will try this if so

0 Likes
JCElgueta
Student
Options

Same Issue here, no way to connect a Gopro7 to the A50. I saw your solution too late XD.

Samaria
Student
Options
Please @samsung provide a update
0 Likes
TimDH0252
First Poster
Options
Ive made it work.

- deleted the app and reinstalled it

- deleted the gopro in the wifi history of my a50

- deteted the gopro in the bluetooth history of my a50

- CHANGED WIFI SETTINGS TO MANUAL CONNECTION.

This was the most important thing i gues

- factory reset my gopro

After the reset, i turned on my gopro, follow the instructions on screen and when it started pairing on the gopro, i looked on my wifi connections on the a50 and saw the gopro in the list. I then connected to it with the gopro name and password provided on the gopro screen.

I then opened the gopro app on my phone and it automaticly found my gopro and connected right away.
Tom_1
Apprentice
Options
I did the same (without factory reset go pro) and it worked. Thank you TimDH0252
0 Likes
Ettigirb
First Poster
Options

How do you "CHANGE WIFI SETTINGS TO MANUAL CONNECTION"?

I have an A 50, and a ho pro hero 7 black as well.

0 Likes
BAss1
Apprentice
Options
Open wifi connection, and select your wifi connection j currently connected. In new window select connect automatically. Just turn it off. Done
0 Likes
Ettigirb
First Poster
Options

I'm not connected to any wifi. I'm in a different country, using mobile data. I haven't been on wifi in the past 2 months 

0 Likes
vitorivens
First Poster
Options

WORKED!

I just realize that Samsung have some mechanisms to prevent you from connecting in Wi-Fi networks without internet access... They make the connection from camera like "invisible" because you are already connected in a Wi-Fi... I did the steps that guy said and now I feel awesome using my Hero 7 Black with my A50 :face-with-tears-of-joy: ... Everything has a solution, you don't need to change your phone lol, just need to look for it.

THANK YOU!!

0 Likes
Tom_1
Apprentice
Options

every one who read this is looking for a solution, lol. i have the problem that it worked only one time. somebody else have this problem? sorry but to reinstall the app and do all steps again its not a good solution.

0 Likes