Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Charging only from laptop USB port

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 12:31 PM)
Flackofolio
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

I'm having a problem with my Samsung A50, I was prompted to update the software on Tuesday just gone. Ever since it wont charge of the mains sockets on the wall only from my USB port on my laptop. It registers the charger is connected, the battery level wont increase though. I have tried everything, original cables, new cables, different combinations of cables and wall plugs(at lest 6 different combos), different wall sockets, cleaned out the ports with compressed air. Changed to charge only from developer options.....EVERYTHING!!! I have an app that tests the quality of chargers and when the same wire is plugged into the wall it registers 0mA  so its not going up or down but when the exact same wire is plugged into my laptop I get between 800 and 1000mA and the battery level goes up. This is some seriously frustrating stuff let me tell ya, please help!!!!!

43 REPLIES 43
danielhj1998
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue, it is not the charger. I am quite desperate

0 Likes
vcadete
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, went through the same troubleshooting to eliminate charger problems (all functional). I used another samsung certified charger and cable that came with my new work phone (A11). Still nothing. Contacted samsung service Canada over text and we tried a few things and the issue remained the same. Even factory reset did not solve the problem. Was told to contact one of the certified service centres to have it looked at physically. 

I did get it to work a couple of times plugged to the wall after I got it charged by usb but I got an error message when I plugged the cable saying the usb device is not supported. Clearly seems to be a software issue.

0 Likes
rijak
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I can charge only when plugged into my laptop or in a powerbank. Tried different combinations, soft resets, etc. to no solution. This is quite disappointing given that the phone is less than 1-year old. Hope Samsung fixes this.

0 Likes
nirjalshrestha3587
First Poster
Options

i am having this problem for 2 days now,any sloution??

0 Likes
nikkoflo
First Poster
Options

This is also happening to my S10 Lite! 

0 Likes
nikkoflo
First Poster
Options

And it's not a problem of the charger because the charger works with my Nintendo Switch. But when I charge my phone through my laptop, i works perfectly fine.  😭

0 Likes
Jordanmck
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue since last night. Triedn3 different chargers which work perfectly but not with the a50, it will only charge on the laptop 

0 Likes
vcadete
First Poster
Options

UPDATE: 

Finally went in to an Authorized Service Centre. The phone was sent to Samsung for repair. A week later I received it and it is fixed. Surprising thing was that I was only told that some minor components were replaced but no justification regarding what the issue actually was. Also, Samsung kept my proof of purchase. Warranty expires in a few weeks but it is still odd they would keep it.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to reach the Support Centre to get this back @vcadete . Keep in mind that we usually advise to send a copy of the original, you will also be able to get one from your retailer/network provider if needed. 

0 Likes
vcadete
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice @TessM. The rep at the Authorized Service Centre asked me for the original. Will get in touch with Support Centre.

0 Likes