Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A5 can't set up Activesync

(Topic created on: 12-12-2019 04:17 PM)
Johns2312
First Poster
Options

I have just discovered that my contacts haven't synced from outlook since 23rd November.  I tried a number of things to make it sync but nothing worked.  I then unfortunately removed the account in the belief that I could set it up again and my contacts would sync.

However, when I try to set up an activesync account I get a message back saying that it cannot connect to the server.

I can set up the same account as a personal IMAP account and the email comes through but I need it to be an activesync account so that my calendar and contacts sync.

Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Johns2312
First Poster
Options

I have some further information to add.

I have just successfully synced my contacts on two other Samsung phones so I am now assuming that the problem is with my phone somehow.  The two phones were a new Samsung A40 and a very old Samsung A3.

I am not aware of anything changing on my phone recently so I cannot think why it would stop being able to sign onto the Microsoft Activesync server.

0 Likes
Torsten17
First Poster
Options

Same issue on my Galaxy A6. after a reboot yesterday i discovered, that my conacts are not synchronizing with the Activesync server any more. The error message says, it cannot reach the server, but synchronisation of mails and calendar is working.

update: issue fixed for me. i uninstalled Outlook App and reinstalled it. Now it works again.

0 Likes