Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung A5 2017 won't turn on after display repair

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 06:54 PM)
JameGum
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Following a broken display, I purchased a replacement display online and performed a repair (it is not yet fully reassembled, but all electronic connections are remade). The screen is definitely working as when plugged into a charger the charging circle appears with 90% charged, but I can’t get the phone to turn on. Other than when plugged into a charger the screen remains completely blank.

I have tried pressing volume up, home and power buttons to access the hard reset options. I have tried power and volume down button to force restart (although I’m not sure if this works from a turned off phone anyway).

Any further suggestions appreciated?

Cheers

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could  have inadvertently touched or shorted something @JameGum 

I would suggest to Google Search.

We can't help.from here.

See the below community rule.

Unfortunately as you have chosen to break the seals to effect a self repair Samsung will have invalidated the warranty.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/News-Rules-FAQs/Community-Policy-on-Dangerous-DIY-Unorthodox-Rep... 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could  have inadvertently touched or shorted something @JameGum 

I would suggest to Google Search.

We can't help.from here.

See the below community rule.

Unfortunately as you have chosen to break the seals to effect a self repair Samsung will have invalidated the warranty.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/News-Rules-FAQs/Community-Policy-on-Dangerous-DIY-Unorthodox-Rep... 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JameGum
Apprentice
Options

Solved - I hadn't yet removed the protective film from the back of the display. I thought it only needed the ribbon connector, but there are additional connectors on the back of the screen which couldn't make contact. Working now.

JameGum
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I am confident the damage wouldn't have been covered under warranty and the phone just isn't worth the official Samsung repair price, so it was either self repair or buy a new one. Hopefully all working now though :smiling-face:
0 Likes