Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG A42 5G

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 03:53 PM)
Leanne13
Student
Options
Need help...... A few weeks ago my Samsung decides to start freezing and locking into airplane mode and saying I have no sim card, I have tried numerous times restarting my phone, turning it off and leaving it for a few minutes then turning back on and even factory rest my phone twice nothing is resolving the issue my sim card is working had it other phones and there is no issues, all started after a recent update.
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Leanne13: I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. If the problem has persisted following a Factory Data Reset, then there may be a potential hardware issue. Following the factory reset, did you install any third party apps onto your Galaxy A42? If so, please try removing them temporarily, just in case the fault is stemming from an external source. If this doesn't help, head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Diagnostics > SIM card, and check to see if this flags any issues. Although I understand that the SIM has worked in other devices, I also recommend reaching out to your network provide to request a SIM swap to see if this helps. 

Leanne13
Student
Options
Thank you will give this a go
0 Likes