Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SAMSUNG A41 - Volume wont go past 60%. (with wired headphones)

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 05:57 AM)
JohnRambo
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

So I have a SAMSUNG A41 mobile phone that, when headphones are plugged in, the volume wont go higher then 60%. 

Solutions I have tried.
1. Disabling media volume limiter. Tried having it on and off. No luck.
2. Using different wired headphones 
3. Restarting phone.
4. Going into recovery mode and wiping cache. 
5. Booting into safe mode.

Basically everything was beautiful and then one day im listening to music thru the Samsung Music app and the volume drops to 60%. And no matter what i do, it wont go higher. I can go down, but I cant go up and beyond 60%. 
No matter what media i play, mp3, or youtube video, it wont go higher. But if i unplug the headphones, it will allow me to go all the way up. I dont get it.

My phone is up to date with the latest software version for the device!
Phone Model number -  SM-A415F/DSN

Thanks in advance for any help.
John

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Does your headphones have their own volume control?? It could be they are turned down.
Also you have to think about listening to very loud music and what it can do to your hearing.
0 Likes
JohnRambo
Journeyman
Options

Hi Pete,

No, my headphones dont have a volume control. 

I dont want to think about if my music is too loud or not :))   I want the phone to do what I want, I say volume up, it must go up :)))

Thanks for your help though!!

John

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JohnRambo 

I can't guarantee this will help but you could look at the absolute volume setting via developer settings.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/every-android-user-tweak-developer-options. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JohnRambo
Journeyman
Options

Hey @BandOfBrothers  

Thanks for the advice. Tried it, on and off, that didnt do anything.

I think tonight is going to be reformat/recovery/start from scratch day    :)))

Thanks
J.

AndrewL
Options

@JohnRambo: Although you mentioned that you have already tried this, it does appear to be a Media Volume Limit issue. To double check, please head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume > Use Volume Keys For Media > On > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Media Volume Limit, and toggle this option OFF. Now, with your headphones connected, press and hold the Volume Up button on the side of the phone while listening to media. If you are warned about increasing the volume beyond a certain level, press the Volume Up button once again to take it into the 'red', and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes
Solution
JohnRambo
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AndrewL  

Thanks for trying to help.  
I dont know how many times Ive tried what you have suggested. Its def a Media Volume Limit glitch. I just went ahead just now and recovered the phone from scratch. Problem Fixed!

Thanks for everyone's help!!!
Rambo

DAVESHADY
Pathfinder
Options
Hi before you plug your headphones in go to settings. Volume make sure all 4 blue lines are at there maximum..then just play as normal without headphones in if it sounds ok to you. Plug headphones in keep it at same volume for about 30 seconds then turn volume up see if it goes orange. If it don't go orange then I'm stuck what to do 🤢🤢🤢
0 Likes
JohnRambo
Journeyman
Options

Hey whats up @DAVESHADY  

Thanks for trying to help me out with my problem.  
Regarding your solution. I will keep that in mind in case it happens again!
I just went ahead and did a straight up recovery on the phone and started from scratch. 
Everything is all good again.

Thanks again for helping out!!!
John

0 Likes