Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A40 mirroring.

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 11:02 AM)
SteveRussam
First Poster
Options

Having real issues mirroring my A40 to my Toshiba TV. When I try wireless mirroring the connection is awful. Keep getting warnings saying reconnecting might solve the problem but it doesn't work. I've tried force stopping smart view that didn't help. I've tried mirroring it to my firestick, no difference. Even tried a third party mirroring app, it seemed to work slightly better but still unusable. In the end I tried a USB C to HDMI cable as I read on the Samsung site that this should work, but the TV (tried it on an old Sony bravia as well) is getting no signal at all. Incidentally wireless mirroring works perfectly while using my wife's A71 so that issue is specific to the A40  but neither work with the HDMI cable.

Hard wiring it with a cable would seem to be the obvious and most foolproof solution, and all the info I can find online says the A40 does support it. So, is there a specific cable for the A40 I need rather than the generic USB C to HDMI cable I bought? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You could try DEX or smartthings. Dex worked a treat with my S10, although you have to remember TV and phone must be on the same network.
0 Likes
SteveRussam
First Poster
Options

Hi Pete, thanks for replying. I'll take a look at smartthings and see if I can use it, but I've never heard of DEX. What is it and where can I download it (assuming it's a piece of software that is)?

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Dex in in the quick menu settings. I've never used smarthings so not sure how it works Screenshot_20210906-130500_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
SteveRussam
First Poster
Options

Just checked the quick menu settings and DeX is not on there unfortunately. Will do a more in depth search but sadly that's not looking like an option. 

0 Likes