Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A33 5g

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 03:34 PM)
Hamidrza
Explorer
Options

My phone samsung A33 5G screen does not light up when receiving any notification as messages, Instagram or another messaging app

27 REPLIES 27
AndrewL
Options

@Hamidrza: If the issue is only affecting certain applications, then please head to Settings > Apps > Messages (as an example) > Notifications > Show notifications > On > General notifications > Show notifications (On) > Alert (tap to select) > Show as pop up > On > Lock screen > Show content. Go back and apply the same settings to 'New Messages'.

Now, head to Settings > Notifications > Included apps > Make sure the relevant apps are toggled on > Brief pop-up settings (if applicable) > Edge Lighting style > Set your preferences here. Let me know if this helps. 

Hamidrza
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220701-061125_Settings.jpg

 no that setting you are talking about!

I replied an screen Shot from, app, Instagram (for example) and notifications setting of that

This is Samsung one ui buge maybe i dont know

I had a phone from 2018 with ips lcd screen and that phone screen is light on when receive any messages! 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for sending this over @Hamidrza . Do you have any power-saving settings set on your A33 5G that may be stopping this from lightning up? How long have you been experiencing this? You can check this from the phone Settings> Battery and Device care> Battery> Power saving.

Hamidrza
Explorer
Options

No i didn't aet any power saving

I BOUGHT this phone 3 days ago

And im so sad about that

Whay a phone after A32

And in 2022 haven't always on screen?? Havent simple notifications setting??

Please answer me clearly is this phone (a33 5g) light on screen at all?? When receive a notification? 

Hamidrza
Explorer
Options

I did all, and chat with support team few times

This phone A33 5g screen doesn't light up when receiving a new message maybe because this phone haven't or don't support always on screen, i dont know

I had nokia 6.1 plus, with ips screen, without always on screen, but that phone screen light up when i receive new messages, so this issues for a phone in 2022 is a joke why this phone haven't always on screen? Why screen don't be light up when receiving messages?

I can't understand!

After few times chatting with support team they told me go and install GLIMPSE NOTIFICATIONS APP, for fix that issues

Did you testing another A33 phones? 

All of them have this problem 

I hope Samsung fix this an future update 

Or a update for look screen or notification settings 

DivyeshV
First Poster
Options

I completely agree with @Hamidrza ,

This is really a jock for a phone in 2022. Lighting up on receiving a notification is a basic necessity of toady's mobile device. Keep clicking the unlock button or unlocking via fingerprint when mobile gives notification sound is so annoying; and many times user can miss the notification sound in case of using earphone connected to other device (PC, Laptop).

I'm from computer science background and can say one thing for sure that whatever we develop the software consumer is the focal point. Looks like Samsung is not doing proper acceptance or user check as all. This is really a shame for such a brand. I'm not going to recommend Samsung device to anyone now as the team is not taking care of such an important and very common feature. Looks like in the race of giving unique and different experience you guys are loosing track of giving better user experience. Relying on third party app for such a feature is not a good solution as all, this should be a core feature.

Regn
Student
Options

I confirm that this issue still persists... Trying to google and find all these convoluted settings in a hope that it'll fix it - while it should be enabled by default. I don't want to think that I regret getting a new phone (for Christmas), but at this rate I may do. I'm still charging my old phone, because my new Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has these notification issues! Sometimes I don't know I get a message, and when I check my old phone without a SIM, I see it. Outrageous...

Btw, the main app I'm talking about is Facebook's Messenger. As for Outlook, I don't know yet, but maybe I found a setting to enable notifications from it. Hopefully

benfro
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Im having the same problem with no popup notifications on lock screen with my A33.

Did you manage to resolve this issue? If so Iwould really like to know how!!!

Regn
Student
Options

Well, the issue actually still persists. Haven't been feeling like googling solutions for a while, but may need to do another round at some point. When the phone (A33 5G) manages to detect a notification, the vibration works, but the screen doesn't light up.

As for the concerns I commented about previously - Outlook is working fine, but Facebook and Messenger got issues... Messenger still doesn't give notification for some chat messages (I can confirm this since I'm still charging my old Xioami Mi A1), and doesn't show emoji tab/option when posting to an event on Facebook (e.g. birthday notification).

Spec-wise it is ok, but can't recommend this phone due to the current problems.