Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG A31 TOUCH ISSUE WHEN IN LANDSCAPE MODE

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 02:47 PM)
desrishad
Journeyman
Options

I have been a huge fan of Samsung, ever since 2016. Recently, I have been disappointed with Samsung because of its problem with the screen, when I am using my phone to play (landscape mode). I cannot move my joy stick. I already restarted my phone, even went to the point wherein I factory reset it. However, does not work. 

This is not the first time it happened. It also happened to me last year. I do not know any reasons for it to act like this aside from it being caused by the software. I HOPE SAMSUNG WOULD FIX THIS. You have to prioritize your customers satisfaction for you to not lose your customers. 

#LandscapeModeProblem #TouchProblems #Samsung #a31

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's likely an issue with the joystick not being calibrated to recognise the sensor position when the phone is in landscape mode.
0 Likes
desrishad
Journeyman
Options

i do not think so. It is because when I try using facebook in landscape mode I am having a hard time scrolling. When I am typing a message in landscape mode It becomes unresponsive. I can see my cursor , the cursor recognizes my touch but it doesn't really accept my input. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is different to your first point. From what I've read Facebook app doesn't work well in landscape mode and cuts off the edge of the screen. I don't know if that's why scrolling is an issue. Regardless FB are the only ones who can tweak the app. Seems it's an Android issue and not device specific. I don't use FB so can't comment from experience.
If you are using Samsung Messages, this works on my S21 Ultra. I would be inclined to do the usual clearing of system cache and repair apps to see if that helps.
0 Likes
desrishad
Journeyman
Options

I am not really sure, as what I have said I got to the point where I did factory reset but it doesn't work. It doesn't only happen in facebook. It does not work well when I am also using youtube, unable to click pause properly. Unable to properly scroll the notification bar when in landscape (but works well when portrait), cannot draw in notes in landscape (works fine in portrait), keyboard unresponsive when typing in landscape I have to click one key multiple times, but this works perfectly fine when I'm in portrait tho. I also read the same issue here and they said some keeps coming back and some are now okay. 

0 Likes
Tirth
First Poster
Options

Bro that's a software issue not a problem with joystick or display, I'm facing this issue since March 2021.no solution will work since it's software issue. Touch will work randomly for some time and again it'll freeze in landscape.

It'll get fixed when samsung will remove error from software and give us update about it.

But I don't think it'll come soon

0 Likes
genny_
First Poster
Options

This happens to my a31 as well i did everything from factory resetting my phone to trying to find ways to trick my phone into thinking its in portrait mode while in landscape mode this is pretty annoying special when playing mobile games samsung should fix this

0 Likes
JamesPogi
First Poster
Options

I am also a big fan of Samsung, from all 5 Samsung devices I used in 15 years.

My Samsung A31 also has the same issue with yours, some unresponsive touch in landscape mode although it recognize the touch, it just doesnt read it. I believe that this is a software issue and Samsung really needs to fix it.

0 Likes