Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A21s

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 06:46 PM)
philip19821
First Poster
Options

Hi - I recently had to send my phone back to Samsung to have the screen fixed.  When I got it back, I now cannot see the photos that are (hopefully) backed up to my SD card - through Google photos.  Can anyone help me get them back?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@philip19821: Have you registered your Google account to the A21 since you've had it back? If not, head to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Google, and enter the relevant details. Once the account has been added, enable Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then swipe up from your Home Screen > Google (folder) > Photos to access your archive of images. 

If this doesn't work for you, have you tried inserting your SD card into the phone and heading to the Gallery app, or My Files > Images to see if the images are intact? 

philip19821
First Poster
Options

hi - yes it is registered - when I go into the gallery app - I see this (see image)thumbnail_IMG_8023.jpg

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Did you also create a backup of your photos via your Samsung Account as well? If so, log in to that and then restore those photos, in order to possibly regain those images 🙂.
0 Likes
philip19821
First Poster
Options

we thought we'd backed up everything - both are logged in.  SD looks like it has stuff on it, but getting it back and viewable doesn't seem to be working.

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Okay... I'm thinking using something like Wondershare Recoverit will hopefully (most definitely) get your photos back. Install it on your laptop/computer and connect your phone to it, via an original charging cable for that phone. Then, just simply follow the instructions provided 🙂.
0 Likes