Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A21s software update problem

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 10:25 PM)
Annyfran
Journeyman
Options
After the last update.. I have lost my connection to 3g/4g ... my phone only connects to my home wifi... but doesn't connect anywhere else. Any advice? 
8 REPLIES 8
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If you're on Vodafone UK then you need to get new APN settings installed on your phone. The Voda update has incorrect APN settings.

You can Google about APN settings and how to put them in on your phone. You can manually do this or get Voda customer services to send them.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Annyfran 

Go into your phone's Reset options found in General Management and choose to reset Network Settings.

This issue may not be connected to your recent update.

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and if possible another sim card in your phone.

Does this happen in one place or everywhere  ? If not everywhere then check any available Network Mast checkers to see if there is a known fault.

In your Samsung Members App choose the GetHelp option and go through the relevant diagnostic tools.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Annyfran
Journeyman
Options
Entering Vidaphone APN details has not worked. Can you advise...how drastic is Reset Network Settings? It's says the action cannot be undone... so what does it actually do? WhT does it revert to? Thanks for yr help on this
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It basically refreshes your phone's connection to the network.

However it will delete any Wi-Fi connection set up and Bluetooth pairings so they'll need to be reset back up after @Annyfran 

0 Likes
Annyfran
Journeyman
Options
Thanks!
0 Likes
Annyfran
Journeyman
Options
"Reset Network Settings" has worked... unlike Vodaphone's digital bots instructions for filling in the APN settings. So many thanks to BandofBrothers Superuser II ...see above.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's awesome news @Annyfran  👍

0 Likes
Amaniakay
First Poster
Options

I update mine june update last month still good, like i random people get this problem and most of their device already out of warranty also their device will have flickering on their screen before turning into white/green. I can't confirm this is software issue or hardware but judging by people who get this problem i can say maybe its software problem

0 Likes