Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A13

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 04:39 PM)
andyspan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

An elderly neighbour of mine has just bought a Samsung A13 from ebay that I suspect may be a foreign market one?

Anyway, his 'helpful' next door lady said she would set it up for him. I don't know what has been done to it but when turning on it asks for password (4 characters including at least one letter), It seems they didn't set a password or say they didn't so now this is as far as I can get!

Is there any way I can bypass this?

It doesn't allow you to swich power off or anything else without entering this password.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
mickyrb
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to read about your problem. If you google reset a a13 various ways come up, they may be helpful? I had the same problem with a tablet once, ie forgot pincode. And managed a reset, you lose everything on the phone. If theres a memory card inserted id remove it first. Once you get into the phone the imei number should help you identify it.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are various security protocols to be able to access the phone which includes a 4 digit pin however I've not come across one that asks for a letter too.

You could access the phone via logging into your Samsung Account and then through findmyphone to reset the phone 

How-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-security-pin-pattern-or-password. 

If the phone is an imported model then Samsung UK wouldn't support the phone under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty however a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre maybe abke to help.

The security protocols are in place to protect the phone so obviously are not meant to be circumvented.

There are Hard Reset options which would wipe the phone to which the guides can be read within > https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a13-5g/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "