Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A13

(Topic created on: 26-06-2022 05:30 AM)
Missy85
Apprentice
Options
I recently purchased an A13. When WhatsApp does its backup, my notification sound keeps playing continuously. How do you turn this off? Same scenario for when someone sends a voice message on WhatsApp. The notification sound plays continuously so I can't hear my the voice message.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Missy85 Hello, first try clearing the cache of the Whatsapp app.
Access Applications and search for Whatsapp. In Storage clear the cache. In Notifications / Notification categories, deactivate and then reactivate the checks of all categories. If the problem persists, apply reset preferences from Settings / Applications, the three points on the top right-Reset preferences. Comment us, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Missy85
Apprentice
Options
Thank you will try all this first
AndrewL
Options

@Missy85: If the issue persists, please try heading to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Notification reminders, and toggle this option off. 

Missy85
Apprentice
Options
I did all the first lot and it still persists so I will try this. Thank you for your suggestion
0 Likes
Missy85
Apprentice
Options
None of these suggestions has worked. For now all I have been able to do is switch off notification sounds so I can listen to an audio recording in WhatsApp and also notification sounds are completely off at night so when the back up occurs around 2am, I am not getting a constant sound. My old Samsung J5 never did this and nor did my Huawei so I am a little stick. It is literally a 2 week old purchase
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Missy85: The sound you're hearing may be the result of background activity from a particular app. To check, next time you hear the notification sound, please head to Settings > Notifications > Recently sent, and check the top of the list. If you're able to identify the problem app, tap on it and adjust the notification settings accordingly. 

0 Likes
Missy85
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your help. I ts greatly appreciated
0 Likes
sal13bd
First Poster
Options

new A13 July patching  is battery drain ? i am getting less battery backup

0 Likes