Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A04 Exploded

(Topic created on: 24-06-2023 03:01 AM)
1143 Views
Meljb
First Poster
Options

My son bought a Samsung A04 s in November 22 from our Local Argos store, This evening he put it on charge in his room when he came in from work, he left it on his bed and went to switch the shower on, a few minutes later there was a loud bang in his room, the phone had exploded, his mattress was on fire, filling his room and pretty much the whole house with thick black smoke almost instantly, he ran into his room to try to contain the fire and tried to smother the flames, this resulted in him burning his right hand quite severely, after spending hours at a&e with him he has been transferred to a specialist burns unit in another hospital miles away, his room and all his belongings, clothes, shoes, bed and bedding , carpet,curtains & xbox controller were all destroyed along with his phone, my entire house needs repainting due to smoke and all my new carpets need deep cleaning. How did this happen are these phones not rigorously tested to prevent things like this, had it happened during the night I dread to think what would of happened, it would have been so much worse, right now my son feels like this is the worst thing ever, he's in a lot of pain, he is self employed so will not be able to earn any money for the foreseeable future he's literally lost everything he owned and has to have skin grafts to try and minimise the damage to his hand, I can't find a email address to send a complaint to samsung and also make others aware of the possible explosion risk with this device, any help would be much appreciated

 

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Meljb 

I'm sorry we meet you under such awful circumstances and I'm sorry to hear what happened to your sons hands , possessions and your house too. 

Samsung take instances like this very seriously and I'm sure they will want to have hands on with the phone , charging brick and cable to assess what's happened. 

They do rigorously test phone's before releasing them and quality test phone's before being packed in the production line.

I believe Samsung implement an 8 point battery check.

As Argos are the merchant i.e seller of the phone I would also suggest speaking with them too.

Consumer-Rights-Act-2015. 

As for contacting Samsung I would suggest >

You can contact Samsung via 

> 03330000333

> ukhelp@samsung.com

www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

In regards to Argos > https://www.argos.co.uk/help/faq/ 

If you have Home Contents Insurance then they can advise you on how they can assist too.

I truly wish for a speedy recovery for your son.

 

 


Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Awy
Journeyman
Options
Thank god I have a a04S
0 Likes
DannyT
Moderator
Moderator
Options

So sorry to hear this happened! I hope your son is on the mend now. This is correct we do take issues like this very seriously, and would like to pass this on to the relevant team. 

If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 


Welcome to the Community!

ExplodingPlug2023
Apprentice
Options

Hi , Meljb, Im sorry to hear your son was also injured. I have a Samsung plug that exploded into my autistic child face- He hasn't slept in weeks and neither have we as he is now terrified of all plugs and being indoors near them. It  knocked out all the plugged electricals in the house, necessitating 2  electrician visits, and ruined the dishwasher , washing machine, dryer, TV, playstation MacBook and 2 phones and ipad that were plugged in nearby . We had to replace them all with locally donated secondhand appliances as i'm a carer for my child and unable to afford replacements . People were so good when they heard what has happened but now i'm left with appliances that barely are working despite peoples best intentions to help out when they heard what happened us. This has caused us huge issues and im actually totally disgusted to discover that this has been an ongoing issue that should have been properly dealt with - as opposed to leaving children and houses in danger with these faulty plugs. I am going to speak to more media about this , but also want to speak to Samsung management to see what they propose to do to rectify the situation and prevent other children being harmed. If you would like to get in touch with me , id be happy to speak to you too and we can see if we can get this issue fixed together as it seems that this is an ongoing issue that is putting people in danger and Samsung are not addressing it if it is still continuing. I hope your son is feeling a little better. 

0 Likes
DannyT
Moderator
Moderator
Options

Hey @ExplodingPlug2023. We've requested a message in the thread you created too. But, we do take this very seriously, please send through a PM to our @Sam_UK channel so we can help pass this on to the right people. 

If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 


Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes