Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone volume suddenly lower itself or silence itself

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 09:29 PM)
inyeongieee
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I've been stressed out for quite some time because my ringtones can't be heard or are very soft. I have not been able to receive the calls, often missed them. The problem is, I did not set my ringtone volume to the lowest or to silence. Once, maybe by a mistake. But these have been kept happening a lot, surely it is not my mistake but the system's. Can somebody tell me why? How to fix this thing? 

Thank you. Hope you have a great life.

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @inyeongieee 

Press down on your volume rocker key and quickly press the 3 little dots on the top of it.

You'll then see…

Screenshot_20210911-061446_One UI Home.jpg

Turn the relevant sounds slders up to see if that helps.

Sometimes a rogue app can cause conflicts.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Sorry this may be an obvious thing but have you tried restarting your phone ? Worth ruling this option out first 👍🏼
0 Likes
inyeongieee
Apprentice
Options

well, it happens for months now, and of course, I have restarted my phones several times. But still the same... But thank you for the suggestion anyway.

0 Likes
inyeongieee
Apprentice
Options

The slider for ringtone (only) is the one to get to the minimum almost everytime I open it to see why the volume is too soft... But the safe mode method, maybe it worth a try. Thanks!

Members_9otgO4v
Student
Options

What happened to you? Were you able to solve the problem?

Alessi500
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Can't find the cause. 

0 Likes
lbs235
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.

Does anybody know how to fix it?

0 Likes
JayMack
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S22. I’ve narrowed it down to the Unconnect 3 Bluetooth in my 2018 Ram truck. Not sure why it happens but every time a call comes in when it’s connected it lowers the ringer volume to the lowest level.

0 Likes
Alessi500
Apprentice
Options

In my case, it was Truecaller, a caller ID app that caused my phone to jump to silent when receiving a call.