Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review thoughts from A53 owners

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 10:04 AM)
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I'm thinking of getting the A53 5G as a Xmas present for my better half and wanted to get some thoughts from existing owners. 

It sounds like a decent performer from online reviews but just wanted to get a take from real Sammy owners. 

Key features of interest are:
▪︎Camera performance 
▪︎Battery life
▪︎Media consumption

Worth noting that I'm contemplating either the A53 or the A33. 

Thanks in advance 😁
11 REPLIES 11
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
I have heard the a53 is a step down from the a52 performance wise the screen is 120hz and the camera is good, I got the s20 fe as the pixel 6 bored me go for the a52 or the s20 line if you find it cheap enough
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I like my a53. The camera can be abit grainy in low lightning so if your one for pictures I wouldn't advise. Battery life is pretty good.
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure about the A52. I'm keeping my eye out on deals for any prior models that would match the A53 price range.
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Camera performance is one of the top features I'm looking for. Although I do accept that at that price range it's a bit of a big ask. Thanks for the advise! Really appreciated!
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Try cex or similar I got my s20 fe and I love it
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
A53 is pretty slow, isn't anywhere near as fast as the A52s. The 52s has a headphone jack. I had an A53 to replace a broken A52s and it was a big downgrade.
Beta22
Voyager
Options
That's very helpful insight, thanks! I'm not so worried about the headphone jack, looks like they will eventually phase it out on all phones.
0 Likes
Markonius
Journeyman
Options
To reiterate what some people have already said - the A53 5g is not a good phone. I "upgraded" to it from a 5 year old Nokia 8 (which I only got rid of because it was no longer getting security updates - otherwise the phone was awesome) and performance-wise it is a step backwards for me. The camera is definitely better, but the laggy performance means nothing happens quickly when you wake up the phone....once awake, the phone does speed up, but that initial lag following wake up ruins the whole experience. The one reason to opt for a Samsung is because of their stellar support (5 years or so) for security updates, but you might be better off going for something in the Galaxy S series if you're desperate for a Samsung
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I've been mulling over all the feedback and I've now set my sights on the Pixel lineup.

Thanks to all the good feedback from everyone here!
0 Likes