Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering My New Phone

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 04:38 PM)
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Can someone please explain where I can get the correct details to register my new phone in my Samsung Account?

The registration requires serial number and Model Code. I found what I though was the correct information on the phone box but its seems it is not correct. I phoned Samsung for support but unfortunately I could not understand the person. I am 74 year old with hearing difficulties.

My phone is a Galaxy A22 5G.

I hope someone can help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Giraffe  You can also go to Settings-About Phone  and all the information will be there.  You may also wish to have a look at this article https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-find-the-imei-model-number-and-serial-num... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Thanks sofar but am still not getting the correct information.

I have looked in all suggested places though the detail on the rear casing is not sufficiently legible for my eye sight.

I think I have the serial number correct so it maybe my model code that I could be getting wrong. The one I am using is SM-A226B/DSN?

StephK1
Options

Hey @Giraffe! Have you tried entering the model number as just SM-A226B? 🙂

Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Thanks. Well this sounds a bit pathetic but no matter what combination of numbers I use I cannot get them accepted. Do you know of a contact number to Samsung for the hard of hearing customers?
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

No worries at all! If you use sign language, Samsung Support can be contacted via SignVideo. Please head to the following link for further information: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/accessibility/

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Thanks
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The information should also be on the retail box if that helps @Giraffe 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Well I am pleased to report this morning success at last I have now registered my A22 5G phone with my Samsung Account using the same details  from my phone I have previously used.

Last night by accident/fishing around I found a Samsung help website where I could send details of my problem via email. I have not had a reply however this morning I entered my phone details again and they were accepted so whether the email has sorted things out I do not know at this stage but all's well that ends well.

Thanks to all for your interest and guidance it put me on the right course.

0 Likes