Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

region locked

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 03:43 PM)
mehrdad mobile
First Poster
Options

I have bought a Samsung Galaxy A51  in mexico and I have used it since. However, I moved to uae for my studies. It seems that the eatisaalat SIM card is not working with my phone and region locked massage for me, I can't send texts, or make calls. How should I proceed ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive any warning about this @Members_aEQGBYZ . All our phones comes with instructions on a stick (found on the side of the box the phone came in) to unlock this to be used on any other regions.

Keep in mind that the regional lock code isn't something we'd provide so you will need to get in contact with your provider in the US. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @mehrdad mobile ,

All the Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talk time will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region.

Members_aEQGBYZ
First Poster
Options

Nobody informs you before hand that the mobile is locked by region, I've specifically said that I don't live in the US and that I'd be using the phone in The Netherlands, they said there was no problem. Now I'm here and I can't use the phone, the support here can only unblock phones from BENELUX, they said the US will be able to unblock the region for me, but the US has no clue about it and keeps sending me to the carrier... What's the solution for it?

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive any warning about this @Members_aEQGBYZ . All our phones comes with instructions on a stick (found on the side of the box the phone came in) to unlock this to be used on any other regions.

Keep in mind that the regional lock code isn't something we'd provide so you will need to get in contact with your provider in the US. 

0 Likes
moodsupremo
Student
Options

Only if all fails, use an Unlocking Service (for a minimum fee) such as unlocks dot com

0 Likes
ABKU
First Poster
Options

Recently I bought SS GALAXY S21 from USA. This phone by customer representative an unlocked phone and should work across the world. Unfortunately I had hard time to activate this phone in abroad. The local provider don’t have country lock code . Whole SS claims this should work and they don’t provide lock code .. what a misery and dilemma. My relative at abroad has hard time to get the code while I have hard time to get unlock code from SS USA. I am going to write this issue with USA better business and FTC. SS shouldn’t sell a phone with country lock whole claims no lock or can be unlocked . It costs money and resources. I am going to write this issue in different forums. 

0 Likes
Janne4
First Poster
Options

There are 2 kinds of info. Orhers claim that phone also needs to be within original region, when doing the 5 min call. But is it true that is not required? 

(Donated old Phones to asia and one samsung xcover 3 refuses to work. Why does Samsung have to break over 5 year old phones on purpose? And then no clear info neither from phone self nor web.

0 Likes
SRK-HD
Journeyman
Options
How..?
0 Likes
Life3
First Poster
Options

Yeah actually if the Region Lock were such a wonderful feature, why not make it an opt-in feature that people would rush to make 5-minute calls to activate.

Rather than punish first time Samsung customers for making such a brilliant choice to pay a premium to purchase one.

JRommelt
First Poster
Options

Example a Brand New S24 Ultra Sold from  Asia Region Never taken out of box that is in United States.

Insert SIM from that Region make 10 minute phone call will UN-LOCK REGION?

0 Likes