Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering data from locked A70

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 01:42 PM)
AlansEyes
Student
Options

Hi all, I am having a bit of a nightmare with my 18-month old A70. Yesterday, out of the blue, the screen turned black and will not come back on (having tried the usual troubleshooting). I have resigned myself t the fact that the screen is dead, but I am trying to get my files off the phone. The phone is on (whenever I press a button the voice assistant says 'Flight mode. Screen is turned off.') but as the screen is broken I cannot unlock the phone. I have connected it via USB to a laptop and can hear that it connects, but as I cannot unlock the phone I am unable to transfer anything. I don't have USB debugging turned on. Is there any way I can get my photos etc off the phone?!

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lfc
Apprentice
Options
Hi Try holding power and volume down buttons together reset device sounds like a software crash.
AlansEyes
Student
Options

Thank you. Unfortunately, when I do that the phone turns off but when it turns back on it is the same issue. Occasionally (I have tried a lot of times!) The Samsung logo very briefly flashes up before the screen goes off again. 

0 Likes
Lfc
Apprentice
Options
Ahhh hope you get it sorted 👍
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you can get it out of flight mode with the voice command you can unlock with Find My Mobile to retrieve your data.
0 Likes
DeanoQ
First Poster
Options

Hi Alan I am having a similar problem screen black and not responding  cannot turn usb debugging so cannot access phone through my computer did you find a solution Dean

0 Likes