Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update messed my samsung a11 keyboard up

(Topic created on: 19-08-2021 03:06 AM)
Restrom
First Poster
Options

After the recent update to my Samsung A11, my keyboard has stopped doing spell check, predictive text and swipe to text.  Very annoying. I've reset to default, turned off and on, restarted my phone to no avail!  I've checked to make sure everything is selected in the Keyboard settings.  What now?  Completely makes texting quite frustrating and time consuming. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Which update did you complete @Restrom  ?

I've just updated my phone to the June update and my Samsung Keyboard is fine.

Try Putting the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

In the interim have you considered another keyboard while you get this resolved.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Restrom: Please try heading to Settings > General Management > Language & Input > On screen Keyboard > Manage Keyboards > All Off > Back > Select Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Ensure all relevant options are toggled on. Are you able to access the features following these steps?

To further troubleshoot your issue please go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > About Samsung Keyboard > Tap the 'i' in the top right > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your A11. Please be aware that this will remove any personal settings from your keyboard.

0 Likes
Misha33
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

0 Likes