Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read receipts

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 02:23 PM)
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
I recently bought a Samsung A12 and for the first week or 2 I had the read receipts function so I could the recipients I was texting had read my messages. This function just suddenly stopped and I don't know why or how. The setting has just disappeared from my phone and samsung or my network provider are able to tell me why. They're both passing the buck to each other. Can anyone help me please?
15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try below
Click on Messages app
Click three horizontal dot's
Settings
More settings
Text messages
Check - show when delivered
0 Likes
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
Hi Steve. Thank you for your reply. I have already tried that. It only sends me a delivery report which I don't want. There use to be a function in my text message setting where I could turn on 'read receipts' but uts no longer there. Also, I'm unable to turn on chat settings. It's all very frustrating....
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
How about chat settings
Message app
Settings
Chat settings
Read receipts
0 Likes
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
Still tried that and there are no chat settings or read receipts but they were in the beginning when I first bought the phone
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Chat is great when it works. If you can't get back into chat, don't attempt turning on chat functions for 8 days and try again.
0 Likes
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
I've tried turning it on but apparently you have to register and when I do it says registration failed. However, I've just spoken to samsung and been informed that the read receipts is no longer available on samsung phones even though I had it in the beginning 🤔
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I still get read receipts. Samsung gave you incorrect information. A few of us had a lot if issues, worked together and cracked it. You can't register on the chat server because you are already registered. If you wait the 8 days, it will register. Every time you try to register you reset the 8 day clock again.
0 Likes
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
Ah OK. I'll give it a try and hopefully it will work. It's not a major issue but I do prefer the read receipts function especially when I had it in the beginning. As for samsung giving me the incorrect information, it doesn't surprise me as I spoke to 2 different people both telling me different. I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, any help would be greatly received....many thanks 👍
AndrewL
Options

@Natalie22: I've had a look into this, and Read Receipts only seem to be available for Multimedia Messages via the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Multimedia Messages > Show When Read > On. 

If you're unable to to see your Chat Settings, try heading to Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Rich Communications, and toggle this option on. Now, head back to the Messages app > 3 dots > Settings, to see if Chat Settings is available for selection. 

0 Likes