Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read receipts

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 10:14 AM)
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
I recently bought a Samsung A12 and for the first week or 2 I had the read receipts function so I could the recipients I was texting had read my messages. This function just suddenly stopped and I don't know why or how. The setting has just disappeared from my phone and samsung or my network provider are able to tell me why. They're both passing the buck to each other. Can anyone help me please?
15 REPLIES 15
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew. I've done all of the above. Rich connections is switched on. But when I go into my settings to turn on chat settings it asks me to register for chat and when I do it says registration failed.
0 Likes
Natalie22
Journeyman
Options
Hey Pugs. I did what you recommended. I now have the chat settings on my phone, but I still can't see when a text has been read even though the read receipts settings is switched on
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@Natalie22 Hi Natalie, I n chat settings, if the other person doesn't have chat settings, go to the message app, hit the 3 dot menu, settings, more settings, text messages, show when delivered.
0 Likes
Luke
First Poster
Options

Hi Natalie, I know this is an old post but I came across it as I was trying to figure out how to turn OFF my read receipts for my S-22. Like yourself I've tried all options and nothing worked. Here's what I figured out. I had 2 messaging app options. The messaging function that comes with the phone, and a messaging app I previously downloaded for free from Playstore.

I simply switched as my default the Samsung messaging app to the other messaging app. It asks if u want to make this your default, and you do so. Once u complete that, then go into the settings and you'll easily see the read receipts function to either turn on or disable. It will be in the chat settings. Hopes this helps

0 Likes
gmcov
First Poster
Options

Andrew, I was reading your comment regarding read receipts on text messages and am trying to understand why mine "read"  just disappeared after doing nothing. My husband and I both have all our settings identical, all updates are done and still nothing. However, I have a Samsung Ultra 21 and under connection settings I don't see "Rich Communications"... Can you help me?? I am so frustrated.... 

0 Likes
alwaysslint
Apprentice
Options
Hi I've never been able to see if my text have been read I recently bought an A12 but still no joy I have no settings in the advanced to turn it on any ideas ????
0 Likes