Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Prime Video stopped working

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 08:46 AM)
Cjpann
Student
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy A40 and it has recently been upgraded to Android 11, since the upgrade, the Prime video app and Netflix app has not worked , the phone freezes and sometimes it switches the phone off entirely. What is the problem and how can this be rectified.
19 REPLIES 19
Seamouse
Student
Options

Exact same problem but only with with Prime Video currently. A40 latest update. No video playback except for previews and crashes/restarts phone if I try to force playback. 

Any solutions @samsung?

0 Likes
Cjpann
Student
Options
My phone is being sent to Samsung for repair
0 Likes
Darraghh
Student
Options

Did you find a fix for this by any chance? I'm having the same issues

0 Likes
Seamouse
Student
Options

Not for my phone. Tried various suggested solutions (lower streaming quality; clean app install; deleting potential conflicting apps). Nothing has worked. Phone also glitching on drop-down. Looks likely problem with update against A40. Will likely follow example of returning to supplier for repair as still in contract.

0 Likes
Darraghh
Student
Options

Appreciate you taking the time to respond, may have to do the same. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Shadowuk4
Apprentice
Options
Issues with my samsung a40 also since 11 upgrade. Amazon not working or netflix. Got told by Samsung support to do a master reset. Too much hassle if it dosnt resolve the issues. Got chatting to netflix support and all they say is check with your manufacture. Streaming apps worked perfect with andriod 10. Think I'll wait for next andriod update.
0 Likes
Komalm13
Journeyman
Options

I'm going through the same problem since I got the Android 11 upgrade, weeks ago. The apps either have a black screen and the audio works, or it freezes and restarts my phone.

I spoke to Netflix and they said it isn't an issue from their side as my app was fully updated, and same with Amazon Prime.

So I ended up calling Samsung and the only solution they had was to format/hard reset my phone. And if it doesn't work, they said to call them back.

Apparently, no one has called them complaining about these problems and so they are sure it isn't their new update that has the problem. Maybe all of us should call and complain so they bring out a fixed update sooner.

0 Likes
JMCMorais
First Poster
Options

Hello, today it works fine: I get  HD 1080p perfect playback. Yesterday it didn't work...

0 Likes
Shadowuk4
Apprentice
Options
Still broke nothing works.
0 Likes