Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 11:31 AM)
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
I have samsung galaxy A51 and the chat features work for some conversations but not for others in the stock massaging app! I have tried everything from clearing the cache to clearing data, is there anyway to disable or uninstall the app? 

Many thanks 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If it doesn't work for some conversations, does the other person have RCS messaging? You can just turn off messaging in advanced settings and revert to SMS.
Bloodierrain
Pioneer
Options
I have the s21+ and I think the chat features only work fully from Samsung phone to Samsung phone if you message a non Samsung user then you will only get weather they have seen it or not
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
Yes all people I text have samsung phones, just one conversation doesn't seem to work and he has a Samsung phone with RCS enabled
0 Likes
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
How would I do this? Thanks
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
What networks are you and the other person on?
0 Likes
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
I'm on O2 he is on EE, but it's weird as my dad is on Vodafone and the chat features work with his conversation!
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
O2 to EE and Three are incompatible for RCS it only work O2 to O2 and O2 to Vodafone and vice versa
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

RCS messaging works cross carrier.
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
Ahh OK, that makes sense then as to why it don't work! Thank you for your answer!
0 Likes