Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram + on or off

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 02:12 PM)
rob777
Explorer
Options
Should RAM PLUS BE ON OR OFF , DO I REALLY NEED IT ON & WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I TURN IT OFF ,ANY SUGGESTIONS WUD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xmrdevi1ishx
Navigator
Options
Nothing will happen. I currently have mine turned off because it's on by default. Having it on can wear out the storage controller. Think of it like a computer SSD. It's basically reading and writing constantly to that part of the storage, which could possibly lower the lifespan of the phone in the future.
JerryS
Voyager
Options
I think it depends how many applications you tend to have open at once and how memory intensive those are. In my view if you are only using relatively light applications (eg no heavy games) there's probably a slight performance merit in turning it off
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

could experiment but unless you run into specific issues I think it is  generally better to deactivate Ram Plus, physical Ram is faster.  May be  of some benefit on lower end devices if you are using power intensive applications,tests on higher end devices showeed Ram Plus had an adverse effect on performance.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In the past I recommended having it off as the benefits were always outweighed by the negatives. These days since the S24 Ultra in OneUI 6.1, I've found it necessary to keep it on, as having it off lead to games and apps inexplicably closing on you even whilst using them. Personally I'd rather not be forced to use it, but in your case I'd recommend trying it with and without to see if you find any difference in your day to day.
0 Likes