Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 11:08 AM)
Elodies
First Poster
Options

Good day

I am writting because I have some problem with my Samsung A40 since yesterday. Sundenly at the top; the phone doesn't detect my finger anymore. I ran a test using *#0*# and at two spots at the top the phone didn't detect a touch. In addition, the proximity sensor is not on the lists of sensor in *#0*#. The phone didn't fell or anything and is only one year old. I did a soft reboot but it didn't change antyhing. The phone is in the same case and have the same glass protection since I bought it.

Please if you have any idea on how I could get back that proximity sensor.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Elodie

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi!

First of all can you confirm that tapping on the area of the proximity sensor during a call does not trigger it?The sensor is the square under the camera dropThe sensor is the square under the camera drop

If you confirm it does not work turn off the device then press the volume up and power it on keeping the volume up pressed. Now yoy should boot into recovery from them navigate to wipe cache partition and confirm it. IMPORTANT the option near wipe cache partition is do a facotry reset DO NOT accidentally trigger that because the phone will ge resetted and you will loose alla data.

If it still does not work i would think about having it checked by a samsung assistance engineer.

Let me know

0 Likes