Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with syncing my Chrome bookmarks on my laptop with a new Galaxy A12 phone

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 12:14 PM)
BruceUK
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I'm new to smartphones, so please be gentle with me!  I've just bought the Galaxy A12 and I'm trying to sync my favourites/bookmarks on the Chrome browser from my laptop to the phone.

I use a Hotmail email address, so I've set up a Google account on my laptop linked to that address.  My email has been successfully synced on the phone (this was done for me in the phone shop).

When I run the Chrome app and go into Settings, it's showing that sync is on.  However when I go into Bookmarks, it's showing only 2 bookmarks (the Samsung and Google home pages).  So can someone explain how to get all my Chrome bookmarks synced?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
On the chrome browser click on the three dots to right then click on bookmarks when on the bookmarks page click the arrow top left and you should see mobile bookmarks and bookmarks bar and select which bookmarks folder you wish to view
0 Likes
BruceUK
Student
Options

Hi Steve,

Yes I'd already gone through that procedure, but the Mobile bookmarks is showing just those 2 bookmarks.  I have about 150 bookmarks on Chrome on my laptop.

There is a slight complication.  On my laptop I have two Google accounts, for my wife and myself.  For various reasons, I use Hotmail email and my wife uses Gmail email.  I created the second Google account linked to my Hotmail address in order to be able to synchronise with the new phone.  My wife's account is the default Google account, so I think the Chrome bookmarks have always been linked to her account.  Therefore I copied the bookmarks from her account to mine by exporting and importing an HTML file.  So I can't see why they have not been synced to the phone.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi Bruce
I never used Hotmail but lm thinking if you setup a Google account and Gmail account it should sync to that account when logged into that Google account
0 Likes