Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with answering

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 05:06 PM)
rustykettle
Student
Options

The problem has started to occur whereby the phone rings, I answer it but then there's just silence, I cannot hear whoever is calling at all. Also when I ring a number it is obviously being answered, but I cannot hear the person. I have checked the obvious things like the volume control. My signal strength is not good in my house, but even with poor reception I ought to be able to hear something, it might cut out, but not just nothing. Any advice  as to what the problem could be please?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
At the bottom of the samsung members page Click on the get help button and run a diagnostic test Speaker and mic

Also go settings
Sounds and vibration
And check Volume

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
At the bottom of the samsung members page Click on the get help button and run a diagnostic test Speaker and mic

Also go settings
Sounds and vibration
And check Volume
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As the other post, do the test to make sure your phone is not the issue.
If its OK.
Then is this something that's happening everywhere or as you say in you home.
If its in your home. Just wondering if your phone has it, have you got WiFi calling on or not. If your network provider supports WiFi calling, maybe give that a try. I find sometimes in bad areas ,it can help.
If its all the time. Maybe try contacting your network provider to see if they can push network software settings to your phone.
Another thing to check, and I know it sounds silly.
But make sure nothing like the phone case is covering the microphone and see if the microphone hole is clean and clear
Cosmin1990
Pioneer
Options
I had the same problem like you(I'm on vodafone) with my s21 ultra
.called them and the customer care team told me that because the new android 12 it may had a bug and the hardware its the problem(try calling somebody on WhatsApp or messenger and see if it works...if it works that means that your phone app has a bug from the new android),if your phone e is still in the 2 years samsung warranty they supposed to repair or replace(in my case) for free.Hope it helps.
rustykettle
Student
Options

Thanks, I ran all the tests and they all came up as ok, then at the very end it says to restart the phone. Having done that the problem is solved, at least for now anyway, but I didn't realise you're supposed to restart your phone every 2 weeks whatever. I suppose you should think of the phone as a computer not a phone really, because switching off and on solves nearly all computer  problems, as everyone knows.