Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIP Stopped working facebook live

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 05:31 PM)
Members_RZXX6HV
Journeyman
Options

My PIP has stopped working today. I use it all the time to watch facebook live streamers while I'm doing something else on my phone. The PIP works while on facebook but as soon as I press the home button it disappears, it's never done that before and is so frustrating! I've cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared the cache in recovery mode. Any ideas welcome. Thanks 🙂 

26 REPLIES 26
Members_RZXX6HV
Journeyman
Options

I've reported it 3 times but don't expect a reply! It's driving me mad, let's hope they fix it soon

neksulus
First Poster
Options

Same here. I have s20fe as well

Kipkoechkwambai
First Poster
Options

It's actually something to do with the Facebook update. I downgraded mine to an October 2021 version and the PIP works normally, as in it draws over other apps too, not limited to Facebook. 

Members_RZXX6HV
Journeyman
Options

I've tried unistalling the updates but it won't let me use the app without updating it again! So bloody frustrating 😤 I'm glad yours worked and thanks for the advice 🙂

Whales
Student
Options

This issue needs to be fixed by FB ASAP.

I missed watching my fav videos while doing other things

Whales
Student
Options

Current fix I noticed os to uninstall and download the November 2021 version of FB.

It works fine.

Unknown s20fe
Student
Options

Thanks for that. It did took me awhile to find out how to stop Auto update from the Play store and the App itself (under Media) .

0 Likes
Members_RZXX6HV
Journeyman
Options

I've tried unistalling the updates but it won't let me use the app without updating it again, so frustrating!! Thanks though 🙂

0 Likes
ShiftySteve
First Poster
Options

I had to Uninstall the Facebook app, search for an older version (from July 15th, 2021) and install it on my device. You can then change all your permissions after that and it should work then. Also, turn off any auto update features in your Facebook-settings-media.

0 Likes
Sorcerer Supreme
First Poster
Options

ITS HAPPENING ON MY SAMSUNG S20+ 5G AS WELL!! PLEASE HELP!!😭I MISS WATCHING FACEBOOK LIVE WHILE DOING WORK!!!

0 Likes