Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos vanished while moving between albums

(Topic created on: 08-04-2024 03:35 PM)
cecemac10
First Poster
Options
So I had just finished transferring a bunch of photos and videos from my internal storage to my SD card. After that was done I wanted to organise everything a group up my albums and while I was in the process of moving a bunch of items from one folder to another, they all vanished. Over 400 photos and videos just disappeared. Nothing in the recycle bin, nothing on the sd card, nothing in the internal storage and nothing on my Onedrive or Google photos. What the hell just happened.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AtshaamY
Options

That seems so strange that the pictures and videos have disappeared unexpectedly, @cecemac10. I'd suggest that you check in the ‘My Files’ app as all the files that are stored on the phone can be found here (Open My Files > Images/Videos).

cecemac10
First Poster
Options
I've done this and I cannot find them anywhere in my phone's storage
0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Have you tried to connect your phone to a PC to see if you can see the files in any of the folders? For this, you may need to download Smart Switch on your PC. This app can be downloaded from our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-switch/

Robin999
Maestro
Options
Can you recall if the photos were originally in the internal storage or sd card when they disappeared. Your post says you moved them from internal to sd card but then you started organising folders on the sd card. Does that mean the initial xfer was successful but the photos then disappeared when you were working in the sd card folders. If they disappeared from the sd card, is it possible the card itself has become corrupted. As already advised are you able to connect to a pc and check the contents of the sd card.
0 Likes
cecemac10
First Poster
Options
I've just tried this and no I can't find them
0 Likes
cecemac10
First Poster
Options
Yes the initial transfer was successful bit when I started organising them into folders on the photos disappeared
0 Likes