Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos not in gallery

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 02:22 PM)
Logo13
Student
Options

Hello,

I have a brand new A21 with a brand new Samsung memory card.

When i take a photo the camera makes the loud shutter noise and the photo shows up in the little circle at the bottom left of the camera app.

When I go to "gallery" and/or "photos" half the time or more the photos aren't there! If i take 3 or 4 photos only 1 or 2 might show up in gallery.

This happens whether i set camera to save to SD card or the phone itself.

I've unmounted/remounted the SD card several times. I've physically removed and replaced it. I've tried saving to the phone and bypassing the SD card entirely.

The shutter "click" means nothing. The thumbnail circle in camera means nothing.

These photos just don't ever make it to gallery or photos or drive or dcim folders or sd card.

This is my second a21 since they couldn't get the first to update  prl or profile on the Boost network. I actually told them i was through with Samsung and to send me a different phone. After 6 weeks i finally got my replacement and they screwed up and sent me another a21. 

Everything actually works on this one except the camera. I took 6 photos throughout the day and only 2 are in gallery (and backed up in photos too).

I can't go another 6 weeks without a phone, please help! I can't believe Samsung is having these issues. I need photos and a working phone for work.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Logo13
Student
Options

Update: the photos are also not in any of the trash bins for any of those apps. Also not in any album folder or hidden by the weird grid view off option in gallery that lumps (and hides) photos by what day they were taken.

0 Likes
Logo13
Student
Options

And yes, I've reformatted the SD card, which seemed to help for a couple days.

0 Likes
VinceMillett
First Poster
Options

I have the same in a brand new S20 FE. Saving maybe one in 10 photos only. 

0 Likes
Logo13
Student
Options

I ended up reformatting the sd card again, and haven't had the problem ever again! It's been almost 2 months and fhat worked finally. I was also mounting and unmounting and trying a bunch of stuff, but finally a total reformatting seemed to just work.

0 Likes