Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos in gallery lost

(Topic created on: 22-11-2022 10:02 AM)
JosianeJP
First Poster
Options

Hello. My mom ‘s Galaxy A5 recently gets notifications to free up memory. 
She deleted a few photos in the gallery and in the Whatsapp texts but now a whole lot of other photos are gone. Photos she did not remove. 
We don’t find a trash bin to search for the photos that disappeared. 
What can we do to find all the pictures from her grandson? Thank you for any help 🙏🏼

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom right in the Gallery app. You will find the recycle bin there.

Screenshot_20221122_111144_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
JosianeJP
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately there is no recycle bin in the menu 😔

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Oh, thats unfortunate. It seems that recycle bin wasn't enabled in the settings. May be good to enable it for the future.

To recover lost photos look up recovery apps on Google play. I have never used one myself, so cannot comment on how good they are or which one to use.

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Would you know by chance if these photos have been backed up on one drive or Google photo?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JosianeJP   Have you searched in My Files as well as Google photos? Do you have syncronisation with One Drive set up? Are you photos not backed up  on locally such as PC or portable  Drive. I would recommend backing up photos and files, cannot really take the chance.

However if you cannot locate anywhere you might be able to recover using Data Recovery software such as @Neo001  suggested. I cannot recommend any one myself though as have not needed this option but you see some information here https://geekflare.com/android-data-recovery/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.